These are our special occasion cookies. Their decadence is perfect for any occasion where champagne is a tradition. These cookies have shown up on New Year’s Eve more than once, and have been a regular for our Christmas Eve dinners and Valentine’s Day. Best part of adding this elegance to a celebratory day? They are super, super easy!!
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1 cup vegan margarine
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar and more for decorating the cookies
- 1 teaspoon almond extract (or vanilla extract)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350ºF and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Pulse the almonds in a food processor until finely ground.
- Add the remaining ingredients into the food processor and blend until the dough is formed. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Make balls out of the dough. Use about a tablespoon’s worth of dough for each ball. Place the cookie dough balls onto your prepared baking sheet, leaving about 2 inches between each cookie.
- Bake for 12 minutes, or until the bottom of the cookies are golden brown.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle powdered sugar over the hot cookies.
- After the cookies are cooled, sprinkle again with powdered sugar for a perfect finish.